View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2011, 09:12 AM   #26
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Default Re: Amy Adams cast as Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis View Post
Why do people always call the old shows cheesy ??

personal revenge is one of the oldest reasons to be villainous, and I have heard many cases where someone from a trial swears revenge against a judge or trial lawyer.

I used to work in a home of one such person and they had police protection 24 / 7. so I disagree about the Chris Reeve films esp the
first 2 they where great entertainment

Zod was a megalomaniac, so anything goes and revenge is a good
reason ...

I for one hope to see more cheese in films . I like cheese ,
I like cheese also. And one expects a certain level of cheesiness in a comic book property. If you think about it, the characters are all extremists: Superman is good to the extreme, Lex and Zod are bad to the extreme. You can't have extremes like that without a certain level of cheesiness. But you have to keep the cheesiness down to a level that it doesn't take over the movie, as Richard Donner did in the original Superman movie and Richard Lester did in Superman II.

I agree with you, the original two movies are the best. Since I only read the comics fleetingly but I've been watching Superman: The Movie since I was a small child, it's the standard by which I measure all things Superman that I watch or see. Things are either as good as it or not as good as it in my book. Superman II is as good as it. Superman Returns is close, I really like that one, Superman III and Superman IV are farther from the mark, but I still like them. I have all 5 movies on DVD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowhead42 View Post
Yeah, I don't know who she is, but who knows..... maybe she'll be great in the role. The guy they picked to play Superman looks good in the role, but I thought Brandon Routh did a good job in Superman Returns, a movie which I liked a lot.
But is it just me, or is anyone else sick and tired of Lex Luthor being the only villain he ever faces in the movies? I heard that they're wanting to have Zod, Non and Ursa as the villains in the new movie. Boring. It's been done.
I'd like to see Brainiac as the bad guy!
Yeah, we've been discussing possible villains in two or three threads around here. A few of us are sick of Lex being the bad guy and would like to see someone different. But, they just might do that. I agree about Brainiac, I'd like to see that. I also agree about Brandon Routh, I thought he did a good job at playing both Clark and Superman.