View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2011, 12:06 PM   #5
kb7rky

Default Re: Star Trek: Prospero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis View Post
Welcome aboard Doug.

I like what you have done so far, I have very little idea how iClone works but I like it. not been an animator I cannot offer much in the way criticisms.

One of the things I read a lot of is lighting, again without knowing the limitations of your program I cannot point you in the directions I would normally do.

Have you considered trying Blender as an alternative, it has been making many strides since it first appeared.

You can find it and other free programs here.
http://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/s...ad.php?t=22681

Getting back to the lighting and perhaps tnpir4001 would be the one to help better,

tut12-layout06 by Taranis3dgladiator, on Flickr

But its better to have key light and fill lights. If I find a better tutorial I will let you know.. or if anyone else can.

as our Image system is on the fritz you can use Flickr. its free
Hi Taranis:

Thanks for the suggestions. iClone is an all-in-one renderer/movie maker (much like Blender and DAZ Studio), and it does have it's own lighting, but with an older computer, I have to pick and choose what I can run. I can't use iClone and any other imaging program (such as Blender, for instance) at the same time. When I'm gainfully employed again, I plan to purchase a faster computer.

I've got DAZ Studio as my alternate back-up (mainly for stills), but the models from Google 3D Warehouse won't work with that I use iClone because it offered a far better classic Star Trek "warp drive effect" (and because I haven't found a suitable one that will work with DAZ Studio), and because I can add better foley effects than I would be able to with DAZ. I don't know what renderer tnpir4001 uses, but he does fantastic work.

I'll try repositioning the lights in iClone and see how that works. It's a pain to get them just where I need them, let alone getting the timing and shading right

I have a Photobucket account that I use for my images and anew YouTube channel for when I get "Prospero" completed.

iClone is at http://www.reallusion.com

Incidentally, I was supposed to get a free version of iClone 5 Pro with my upgrade to iClone 4 Pro, but I have yet to see that. It's supposed to be much more user-friendly than the previous iClones.

Thanks again for your suggestions...I will certainly implement those as I get the successive scenes written and rendered.

And, thanks for moving this thread here. Greatly appreciated!

Doug