View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2004, 10:48 PM   #6
General Phoenix
3DG Administrator Emeritus

I'm not offended by any of this - in truth, we should have said these things a long time ago. Waiting until now to admit that this place isn't what it should be has allowed it to fall even farther into mediocrity.

That said, we have to start somewhere. Richard is right - the website is merely a container for the content. I could spend all kinds of time and money to get a flashy website online in just a few days - but what would I do with it? I need to get more content online first. That means a seemingly slow period of building the galleries and download center one image and one mesh at a time. As people discover that we've actually got a pulse again (as ChrisB noted, we were pretty popular once) then the forums will start to buzz just a little bit more, providing more images and meshes. That cycle ( Content --> New Members --> Forum Activity --> Content) is what we need to start pumping blood through 3DG's brittle and unused veins. Only when we've got something to fill our website with will I begin to work on glamorizing it.

It's not going to be quick - in fact, it may seem agonizingly slow - but as long as we get this cycle started, things will start to improve. As I type this, I am adding a couple new meshes to the download center, and over my three days off, I'll be gathering more images for the galleries. Slow and steady wins the race...
General Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote