View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2009, 09:57 AM   #7
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Default Re: V the new series

Don't forget the other good point of NetFlix: one month on the $9.95 plan costs less than a movie ticket for one person to see one movie once. And, if you watch your NetFlix movies quickly and get them back in the mail, you can get at least 1 a week, usually 2. I don't even have the badass home theater setup, just a good ol' picture tube TV and a DVD player, and I think it's so much better to do it that way.

As far as your comments regarding the film industry, I'm not touching that one. I will say that there are plenty of movies that are being made right now that aren't remakes or sequels, you just have to look for them. Sure, they might not get the budget or the A-list stars that these remakes and whatnot are getting (though Star Trek was actually pretty low budget) but they're still there and they will still be great if you do a little work to ignore the hyped-out remake/sequel trend and find them. Besides, someone in at least one of those movies is tomorrow's A-list star, they just haven't made it yet.