View Single Post
Old December 23rd, 2010, 10:44 AM   #267
catherine3678a
Master Pilot

Default Re: New Member Welcome Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis View Post
Hi catherine3678a, I hope that you will post some of your art here too. we have a number of models in our download area. but we also like to see the art produced too

there are only 2 No No´s here, Galactica related art that is for our sister site
http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/ and Nude art that is a No.

Fretslayer has been using those programs and I have seen his work improve and expand over the last 2 years or so.. you could not have a better guide
Thank you ... and I'm very happy to know that I'm welcome to put clothes on the models! I love making textures and one needs clothes to show those off.

Yes I felt quite encouraged by Fretslayer ... even opened Carrara this morning. Loaded a couple of items, applied a couple of shaders .. and clicked on another item ... and zap! Got part of the item showing up as like a skeleton framework??? Gonna be a long process learning that program.

As to the downloads, sigh ... Poser and D/S do not open Lightwave ... so I put a request on a couple of items there ... we need .obj files at least to import into Daz Studio. It is a little fussy as to what it likes or not with .obj files but lightwave is a complete no-go. Also, for anybody converting objects for DazStudio and/or Poser ... these are "little" programs ... people are "little" ... programs are designed for "little" objects, not 100s of mbs please. Aim for under 10 mb. That's not a fixed figure ... have loaded files over 100 but they are definitely more problematic. ty

oh yes, last night I uploaded the .cr2 file for Kookie and a new texture and background image for those interested.
Kookie is a cookie for the Aliens in your Runtime ;-)
http://ShareCG.com/v/46788/view/Pose...e-updated_plus

?
I looked for tutorials under the Daz3d/Poser ... found absolutely nothing there. Did I miss a link or is it waiting to be started? BTW, "Daz3d" is the name of the company. [some over there are rather hyper about this] The program is DazStudio, D/S for short.

edit: for the Tutorials, "Other" ... might I suggest Hexagon. Many people just acquired that program recently when it was on sale for $1.88 for a day ;-)

Last edited by catherine3678a; December 23rd, 2010 at 10:52 AM..
catherine3678a is offline   Reply With Quote