View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2007, 09:07 AM   #20
Fretslayer

IF they want the movie to really work they'll follow the example set by the old 'Superman' movies with Chris Reeves.
He was an unknown actor - thus he brought no baggage to the film.
Originally they (the all knowing studio) wanted Robert Redford to play the role.
The producers fought against that becuase they KNEW that if Redford played the part, the viewers wouldn't believe in the character. They (the viewer) would sit there in the theatre and think 'Wow, look at Robert Redford fly around in that cape!' The need to 'believe' the character is 'real' is destroyed once they use a flavour of the week actor.

There are a lot of women who would take that role and make it their own - and really - hasn't Halley Berry played enough superhero characters? When the same actor plays 2 or more different superheros it (for me) kills the character. When I watch the X Men movies now I just laugh and think about that horrid 'Cat Woman' movie. LOL!
Halley Berry is to Catwoman what 'GINO' is to Godzilla. :P

Linda Cardellini cracked me up on the show 'Freaks and Geeks'. She always looked like she was 1 moment away from barfing - plus you've got to love a show that uses Joan Jett's 'Bad Reputation' as the opening theme as the cast sit and pose (badly) for yearbook photos.