View Single Post
Old July 6th, 2006, 08:23 PM   #1
Fretslayer

Default Poser Lighting Question

Hello there,

I'm sorry if this question if noobish and if it causes anybody to lose I.Q points.

I've been using Poser for a few years but I've only been using it to create people which I would then import into Bryce.

A few months ago I made the leap from Bryce to Max and I've started working on a little Star Trek short for a friend of mine. After seeing the difference between the TOS bridge mesh in MAX and Poser, I've decided to render my bridge scenes in Poser. I imported the MAX version of the TOS Enterprise bridge into Poser however I cannot seem to get the lighting in Poser to illuminate the set. Regardless of how I position the lights I get the creepy "horror film hallway" illumination. Creepy is good... I like creepy... just not when it's on the bridge of the Enterprise.

I know there is something I'm doing wrong - but I can't seem to figure it out and the few Poser tutorials I've found online make no mention of lighting.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated and will result in the restoration of any I.Q points that may have been damaged by reading this post.