View Single Post
Old June 10th, 2009, 07:03 AM   #8
Fretslayer

Default Re: David Carradine found dead

The thing that has me pondering is this... First they (the Thai police) said it was a suicide.
Then when people came forward and said 'David would never do that...' and it turns out he had a few more film projects lined up and the 'he was having money problems' didn't see to fly, the 'official' version turned into 'accidental death due to "autoerotic asphyxia".

This brings up a few thoughts.
It would seem to me that this could be considered a 'shameful death' and as such one might be likely to think that nobody would investigate the death because they wouldn't want to 'dishonor' the dead. The problem with this is (IMO) two stage - (1) in American culture it is more of a dishonor to let the death go un-investigated than it is to discuss that the dead was having 'weird sex' at the time of death. (2) If he did have a fetish of that nature, I don't see why he would have used both a chord and a curtain. It just doesn't make sense.

I don't know about you guys but I've known more than my share of ...interesting women, and the ones who had this kink or that didn't just grab any old chord or item laying around. They had their ritual items. Like silk scarves or things of that nature. So the 'accidental death while strangulation during 'self gratification' (ahem) doesn't ring true with me. There is something not quite right about the 'official' version. What it is I have no clue, but something is not quite right.

I'm not a conspiracy theory type, but there is something about this story that does not ring true with me. It's just a gut feeling, that's all.