View Single Post
Old March 22nd, 2011, 08:27 AM   #223
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Default Re: Star Trek Models and Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by DantesGambit View Post
Seriously? I didn't know that. It's kind of loopy isn't it? The dang lighting detracts from the action. My friend put his sunglasses on to watch!
Yeah, there's a little production featurette on the DVD (I have the single-disc one, so it should be on the movie disc for the 2-disc set.) In that featurette, they flat-out say that JJ loves him some lens flares and explain the thing about the cameras and what he did with flashlights. I get a little bothered by it also and I almost reached for the sunglasses at one point or another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DantesGambit View Post
I have to be honest though I dislike these different timeline/paradoxical time travelling stories, they're full of loop holes I could float a carrier through. But then I'm no trekkie, someone said "Cardassian" to me once and I said "Gazuntite".
Time travel movies with paradoxes that are written well work fine (Back to the Future, for example.) However, the writing in Star Trek was suspect. They didn't check their "facts" correctly and did the USS Kelvin totally wrong (for one thing, if you scale it to their BS size of the new E, it's over 600 meters long, roughly the size of the Enterprise-D.) There are so many things "wrong" with the Kelvin scenes that it couldn't possibly be the regular Trek universe, the whole movie has to take place in an alternate reality.