View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2009, 11:15 AM   #4
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Default Re: A leap into the future? - The Wolf Class

Interesting design. I haven't figured out yet if I like it but it certainly is interesting. (Though I think I'm leaning towards "yes" on liking it.) It's also different, which is never a bad thing.

A couple of points I agree with in your post, there's definitely a bit of a lack of innovation in later Trek, though most of the post-First Contact stuff we've seen is supposed to represent earlier technology than the Ent-E & Voyager (except the Prometheus, which is just inexplicably ugly) so that might be why it looks less advanced. And the 2nd point I definitely agree with is that nacelle size doesn't matter, top speed has more to do with the warp core, nacelle construction (not size) and the overall design of the ship, which would affect the shape of the warp field itself.

Anywho, great work so far. It's always nice to see an original Trek design and this is definitely pretty original. And it's also nice to see you posting a WIP on these boards, I remember your great work from when I used to post at SFM.
evil_genius_180 is offline   Reply With Quote