View Single Post
Old December 30th, 2006, 10:49 PM   #11
Kakaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_genius_180
Holy crap, dude!! What happened to the good old days when Cylons were linebackers in chrome costumes that mostly only said "by your command" and terminated people with extreme prejudice? Dawg told me about the new BSG a while back because I don't have cable. Now I'm glad I've never seen it.

You are seriously missing out on some good shït.

I like the old BSG, it's great for all it's camp and wide eyed "we're gonna make it" attitude, but the new show... The new show is real Sci Fi. It's dark, it's filled with drama and suspense, has great characters. I love Starbuck even if I was pissed that they made her a woman in the beginning.

Those weenies at CF just stick their heads in the sand and chant "this is not BSG" over and over again all because issues that have been raised on, oh, pretty much every drama in the last decade, have been raised on BSG as well.

Rapes happen almost every week on CSI and Law & Order. Babies are killed in more brutal ways than having the necks snapped on the same shows. And just watch any court drama to hear the "maybe we did deserve it" schtick. God forbid any of that get into a science fiction show, much less the new BSG which was never intended to be like the original except for the plot and circumstances behind it.

I'm willing to bet that everyone who had a problem with these issues on BSG has no problem at all with those same issues on other shows, and considering CSI and Law & Order are some of the most watched shows on TV it's a fair bet that a large portion of CF watches them.

It's all just sour grapes, I think. And it's sad that the few people in power decided that the whole forum had to collectively stick their fingers in their ears and hum loudly where new BSG is concerned. I'm honestly surprised they don't ban artwork based on the new series.