View Single Post
Old April 13th, 2011, 05:04 PM   #119
tnpir4001
Master Pilot

Default Re: Star Trek: Retribution

Alright guys, I need some help. I've got a bit of a case of writer's block!

The next scene is stuck in Development Hell. I've got a basic framework in mind, but it's generating dissenting opinions at SFM, so I thought I'd seek another set of opinions.

In Scene 23, everything quite literally goes to hell. At the start of the scene, we pick up signs of trouble at the consulate building, and comm chatter indicating a coup. Moments later, a scout ship launches from the consulate building and makes for space. It hails the Fitzgerald, and the crew is shocked to discover that the ship contains the proconsul. He asks for assistance and then asylum, before the Romulans jam the frequency. As the scout ship approaches the defense fleet orbiting New Romulus, the Warbirds begin to open fire.

Meanwhile, Reyf and Prentice have a brief difference of opinion about what they should do, before Prentice decides they should attempt to intervene and rescue the proconsul. The Fitzgerald begins an attack run on the ships attacking the scout ship, employing its Romulan-inspired weapons systems, before coming under attack itself. Damaged by its first pass (and without warp drive), the Fitzgerald comes about and prepares for another pass, but before it can, the scout ship is destroyed by the pursuing Warbirds, which then begin to pursue the Fitzgerald.

To buy Renee the time she needs to get the warp engines back on-line, Prentice takes the helm and attempts some daring maneuvers--a slingshot maneuver around the moon, followed by a 180-degree turn once the Romulans lose sensor contact ("the Prentice Maneuver"), in order to turn the forward weapons on the pursuers and managing to disable them, before coming about to make a run straight at the planet. The defense ships immediately scatter, and by the time the Fitzgerald emerges from the far side of the defense grid, the warp engines have been restored, and they escape safely into warp.

Some really odd suggestions are coming from the SFM bunch, I thought I'd see if the 3DGladiators crowd could do any better. (You'd be hard-pressed to do worse!)
tnpir4001 is offline   Reply With Quote