View Single Post
Old June 9th, 2011, 07:11 AM   #400
darth victor
TARDIS Pilot

Default Re: New Member Welcome Thread

Hi there. I'm Vic (obviously), I've been a member for about seven months, but I've been lurking for much of that time.

It's about time I introduce myself, so just briefly, I'm a Computer Science graduate who started out with an interest in computer graphics, and then I had an assignment modelling with Blender. I had fun doing that, and then built up a model of the ship from Blake's 7.

That was 5 years ago. Last year, I did a course on Maya and Z-Brush. Didn't have much luck with Z-Brush, but quite enjoyed Maya - except for its wonderful little bugs. My project for that was a recreation of a Ziggurat, a massive ancient Mesopotamian religious monument. I was working part-time for a small regional TV station at the time. I'm still working there, full time for the moment. It's not as glamorous as it sounds!

Anyway, this year, I discovered Sculptris. After a few weeks playing with that, particularly sculpting a nose, I decided to try sculpting a human head. The model I chose is an actor from a TV show, but I won't name him or the show. While it's not finished (I haven't sculpted any hair), I think I've attached a picture. I'm hoping that someone reading this can identify him, because if you can, I've done at least a fairly good job. The only thing I'll give away is that he has blue eyes.

Assuming my upload worked, anybody recognise him?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Head.jpg (91.7 KB, 3 views)
darth victor is offline   Reply With Quote