Thread: USS Tamerlane
View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2008, 01:35 AM   #9
Aabh
Shuttle Pilot

Default Re: USS Tamerlane

Hmm... I see what you are saying.

I think... there is a gap between 2D artists and 3D artists... and I think that had a little to do with it (The person in question was a 2D artist). I think a lot of "traditional medium" people have a kind of disdain for the 3D world. Once that traditional artist found out I wasn't hand drawing all of those ships, he decided I was cheating...

Oh... Perhaps I was exhibiting a little of that disdain too... Not intentionally, I assure you! (and only about me... not about you. I have a profound respect for the 3D arts, it's too dang difficult NOT to be an art form )

Anyway, in light of your arguments; I have downloaded a few of the models here and I'm looking over them. I'm worried that I may not be able to replace my Saladin, though, simply because I was an idiot and established a strange window pattern on the Tamerlane's dish (Something that is unique to the Tamerlane, it's the same pattern as the Refit Enterprise). I think the Saladin model has the windows built into the mesh (I have to instal that free Truespace -that I discovered in another thread here! - to read them, so I could only look at the texture maps). Certainly when I use a robot frighter (Maybe much later on) or some of the other models later on. I definitely will use the models here for future Romulans or Klingon ships (I have a Klingon ship that is the same as my Saladin; No clue who built it).
Aabh is offline   Reply With Quote