View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2008, 01:37 PM   #141
psycoderek

Default Re: New Member Welcome Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelle_Enaid View Post
Chelle Enaid here. I've never tried 3D artwork before, although I've done some 2D cartooning, so I'm a complete novice. I'm here to get some advice and see what others are capable of while I play around with my own stuff. I am currently using Daz because it's free (best reason ever) and seems pretty "new person" friendly. I'm looking forward to chatting with you all.
Hi chelle, if you want to get in to 3D art then you can't go wrong with bryce 5.5 from daz. I think you can still find it there if not check for it on cnet. I'll see if i can find it. bryce is great for working with 3d models and has some great terrains and skys to work with. there is also a useful materials lab and light lab to use for texturing untextured models and an excellent skylab. have a look in the freepozitory section at the daz forum you will find some helpful free stuff links and you may find the 5.5 link there also. Oh bryce 5 is free also. I still have the installer somewhere I upgraded to bryce 6 but the version 5 is definitely still around as the upgrade is still quite new. If you want help i can certainly help there as a regular bryce user.