View Single Post
Old December 27th, 2011, 10:40 AM   #4
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Default Re: Transformers 3 Dark of the Moon

I'll have to agree with cabal23. TF;DOTM was horrible. The main plot with the Autobots and Decepticons was solid, it was basically a reuse of the classic The Ultimate Doom plot from season 1 of the original cartoon series. (awesome 3-part episode) However, the parts with humans really ruined the film. Sam looking for and finding a job, Sam's parents, Sam's girlfriend, Simmons and a whole bunch of other parts. In their attempt to "humanize" the films, they have humans playing a much larger part than they did in the G1 cartoons, but the human scripting was dreadful. A 5-year-old could write a more intelligent script. The only humans who didn't have any bad parts were the military guys, (Josh Duhamel, Tyrese and the gang) Francis McDormand's character and Patrick Dempsey's character. They were the "normal" humans. Everyone else, even Sam, had some bad parts (too many of them.) The last hour of the film is solid, but the first 1.5 hours are a mix of good and dreadful parts. If I had edited the film, it would have been at least an hour shorter and would contain none of the stupid parts.

This movie is the worst of the series, IMO, and I'm officially out. If they make any more, I won't watch them. I grew up watching the G1 cartoons and the movie, and I have that all on DVD now, so I won't watch them ruining the franchise.

Last edited by evil_genius_180; December 27th, 2011 at 09:22 PM..
evil_genius_180 is offline   Reply With Quote