View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2013, 01:48 PM   #4
Auditor
Fighter Pilot

Default Re: The Strange, Secret Evolution of Babylon 5

I wrote a big post on this, but timed out cause I'm at work and kept getting interupted. Sigh.

When B5 was on I didn't watch it much. I did like the animation and it was part of my decision to go with LightWave. At the time I loved the animation, but not the live action parts. My viewing at the time was centered more around the various Star Trek series.

Although people put down the CGI of B5 I think it was really great for its time. For the money and the limitations of Lightwave at the time it was spectacular. For the most part they don't know what the pre-open GL LightWave was like. The turn around time of a weekly TV show. Texture image constraints. Image sizes were severally limited. LightWave was just becoming available for Windows coming from Amiga. They were using LightWave 3 I think. And computers at the time. There professional computers less Processing power than your phone does now.

Resently I watch B5 from start to finish including TV movies. It was fun and entertaining. Soap opera acting and dated CG, but fun and well worth viewing.

If nothing else it inspires you to power up the computer and create.

"The Babylon Project was our last, best hope for peace..."