View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2008, 05:03 AM   #22
Fretslayer

@ Evil Genius (insert manical laughter here)

I tried to download a few things but I got that error 100% of the time - the only difference is that it would change the 'wait A$ number of seconds before trying again.'

I was unable to download a single mesh.

I know I tried to download a couple after the initial failure but each one ended with the same result (error message). I thought perhaps my trackball was acting strange and sending too many 'clicks' on the download button so I moused over the button and hit the 'Enter' key - the results were the same.

I went to CF (since it has a connection to this site) and did a download test and I was able to download a test mesh.

I've tried downloading with both IE and Firefox, both with the same results.

How many files does it show me downloading?
As I said, I got zero downloads - but if it showed something like...say... 4 - 6 then that would be an accurate reflection of the number of different attempts I made, but if the number is something insane (20+) then I would not consider that number to be an accurate gauge.

I've downloaded a lot of meshes from this site over the time I've been around here and I've not encountered this issue before. If you need any system specific info from me, let me know - I'd like to help resolve the issuse (partly out of curosity and largely because this is where I get my sciFi mesh fix!)