View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2008, 09:50 AM   #19
LordTyphon

Default Re: Star Trek vs Star Wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_genius_180 View Post
Here's the thing: 6 TV series, 10 movies, and way more books than Star Wars has VS. 6 movies and some books. Star Trek definitely wins. The only edge that Star Wars has is that it has more video games (some of them are even good.)
True, but when it comes to talk about this, I tend to look at the hard tech and facts, and ignore the number of books, TV series, movies and such. But if your going to note those things, I would say Star Wars wins, as out of all the fanboy clubs here is a simple fact.

Star Trek ones - None accepted in to the official Cannon universe, as such anything they say or do is very unlikely to become cannon.

Star Wars ones - 501st accepted and made official part of the cannon universe as of the 30th anniversary of Star Wars. As such ship designs like the one shown in the first episode of I.M.P.S. located here http://www.impstherelentless.com/ which are done by 501st members, are more likely to become cannon.

That alone has to say which has a better chance in the long run. This is also why I tend to ignore movie, book, or what ever when it comes to a vs thing. As fandom vs fandom tends to be unending, while universe vs universe might be more debateable as it tends to look more at technology and such then who has the larger merchandise count. So for me, I'd rather look at how everything is set up, then just merchandise.