View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2006, 09:58 PM   #39
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

I agree that kidified scifi is an insult to kids. I grew up watching these movies and my favorite has always been Empire, which is the least kid friendly of them all. As for Jar Jar, I like a little humor in a movie, that's why I think he's funny. I was 20 years old when that came out, so I didn't look at that so much as a kid thing, but rather as your standard comic relief.

Now, onto the Ewoks. The Ewoks kick ass if you look past the cuteness to the irony of the situation. Here's the Empire, this group of badass soldiers with the latest in weapons and armor. Nobody screws with the Empire. They take over the Endor moon and pretty much ignore the Ewoks, becuase they're a bunch of spear-chucking primitives. Then, in the course of one battle, these spear-chucking primitives lay to waste an entire legion (I was in the military and believe me, a legion is frackin' huge) of the Emperor's best troops. These aren't your standard weekend warrior stormtroopers, these are the Delta Force of stormtroopers. And these little Ewoks took them down. Why? Because the Empire didn't see them as a threat and ignored them. Their own arrogance killed them. If that's not the very definition of ironic, I don't know what is.
evil_genius_180 is offline   Reply With Quote