View Single Post
Old June 9th, 2008, 08:18 PM   #112
billyben

Default Re: Star Trek Models and Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv8_fx View Post
I haven't downloaded the latest release.

Billyben... when 2,1,1,13 first came out, there were a lot of issues.... with regrds to installation ( that bitrock installer is the pitts) .... some, like me, couldn't load previously created scenes and stuff. Others lost some of their settings and content due to the install overwrite and various bugs encountered by member users.

Not to mention that 2 version updates were released with in a month of each other. This added to the prevailing note that something was really wrong somewhere to begin with.... that DAZ rushed out the update without thorough testing....

In the end, a lot DAZ members used the stable, previous version.... a wait and see of what a new update would be like.

You may have probably downloaded the latest fix at the time. I read it was better .... in some user systems. Me? I stuck to the old one...

Yes..... better wait for the reviews before you install the new update. Unless you've backuped ever byte of DStudio data or have a second computer to act as sacrifice pawn....... lol
Thanks for the info. I must be a glutton for punishment because I started out with 2.0 then went to 2.1 and finally installed 2.2 last night. I am in the process of reinstalling everyting including a bunch of goodies I purchased during the deep discount sales DAZ has been running the last two weeks (I got a bunch of goodies @ 85 to 90% off). I also went "download crazy" and royally messed up three separate installations (as in stuff/files all pver the place). This time will be much more structured with only select freebies installed in the runtimes. Then I can finally start on some updated TOS textures for the V4 Bodysuit. I am going to try to use the LIE for the TOS insignia braids. I have a lot to learn.