View Single Post
Old January 18th, 2003, 07:36 AM   #12
Kai
Victorian Engineer

thing is tho.. they are just following a pattern set down by the music industry...

remember the days of vinyl?

often, (Using Iron Maiden here as an example), you'd get a 7inch, 12inch, 12inch extended (in a poster bag), picture disk, cut to shape picture disk and a remix...

at one point I had 4 copies of the Trooper.. but never did get that cut to shape disk.. *sigh*

this with DVD's don't really suprise me. right now, I've got a policy I follow.. less important movies, (bone collector, italian job etc) I still buy on video cos of the costs atm... they are dirt cheap

important stuff, (ATOC, the Abyss etc), I get on DVD.

as for special edtions, super edtions etc... I tend to wait a bit after I got stung on the Mummy Returns and Shrek... I got those and a few days later the specials came out.. so I wait, see what comes then buy...

you may say, we the public should complain or stop buying to send the companies a msg about this.. but it won't work. they are not actually listening to the customers.. they are just listening to the accountants.. plus.. there's enough out there that will still keep on buying and end up with 5 copies of the Terminator or 8 copies of Star Wars....

[/end]
The shakes become a warning
It is by Caffiene alone I set my mind in Motion
Kai is offline   Reply With Quote