View Single Post
Old June 11th, 2008, 12:15 PM   #16
ulimann644
Code Blue

Default Re: Open Lightwave-Projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_genius_180 View Post
That ISD image is da bomb. I love Greg Martin's space scenes, the models are stunners and you did a great job at putting it all together into a sweet composition. I'm not touching the Death Star one right now because most of my crits are in the laser beams, which you say you're working on. The planets look mostly good but the Earth-like one (might even be Earth) looks a little off, but that might be a lighting issue and Mars' atmosphere looks too white to me, it should be more of a salmon color.
First of all: Thanks for helping me by constructive critz !!

You are right with the lasers - I´ve rendered it with low post-effects to save rendertime. Thats also the reason why I rendered it much more solid as I want for the final scene. There is really much to do until it´s ready, ( that´s what and... and... and... means )
I´ve also testet long-range laser beams before in a scene, that I don´t want to finish next time. This first try with a star trek action scene is not good but you can see what kind of laser beams I want to have for the final scene. ( see thumb1 )

For the earth in this test-scene I´ve used a mesh with I testet making planets, only by using procedural-layers. - There is a very good tutorial on f3d from "JediKnight" ! ( see thumb2 ) But now I have so many layers for this planets, after I had modified the tutorial "a little bit" and parameters for this layers, that something gone wrong ( or something I forget to modify ) so I will create a complete new mesh for the earth.

I promise you - all planets will looking very good in the end...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Thumb1.jpg (128.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Thumb2.jpg (29.7 KB, 8 views)
ulimann644 is offline   Reply With Quote