View Single Post
Old June 5th, 2008, 12:34 PM   #98
dv8_fx
Shuttle Pilot

Default Re: Star Trek Models and Resources

Nice images. I knew it was TY... with that unmistakable quarker product. I got the hair but not Terai Yuki. I'm planning to get Miki... She's got that asian look I need.

At the time I was working with at an architectural firm, my boss wanted to add human figures to real interior design and rendered architectural scenes for demos to the client. I ended up using poser. Not 3dmax coz we didn't have any acceptable human content. Too bad at the time, you can't import 3dmax or lightwave into poser.

As a freelancer, I'm the only designer here that incorporates 3d humans in place of live ones most especially if the clients are cheap and dont want to hire models.

Tho I pop in regularly at rendo and daz to download stuff (I'm born in the year of the rat hence packrat), I never found time to do poser or 3dmax art or such. Always busy. Even right now as I surf the net, I'm working at finishing a project at 3 in the morning.

I like sites like these, great resource from talented people for ideas , inspiration and a refreshing push to continue what I do for a living.... not only for work but for personal passions as well. The making of ST2009 re-ignited my ST mesh model craze. And my daughter had to add the fire... Daddy, you created so much 3d buildings and stuff and art design work... but where's your Enterprise model?

silence....

uuuuhhhhh.... coming, honey..... soon....

love that kid.

Last edited by dv8_fx; June 5th, 2008 at 12:42 PM..
dv8_fx is offline   Reply With Quote