View Single Post
Old October 22nd, 2008, 03:35 AM   #35
UrbanArmitage

Default Re: Free 3D Programs "To which to learn with"

Taranis, when you run the M4 installation make sure that you are running the 11.5 Meg file. The other 2 are specifically for Daz Studio and contain the Power Loader and materials for DS.

Once you have run the installer and gotten through the legal waffle, when it asks you for a 'Target application' select 'Poser - all files' and continue. Next it will ask you for the destination directory. Just like with V4 you have to install M4 to the directory that contains your Poser.exe executable file. This will be something like 'C:\Program Files\MetaCreations\Poser' or 'C:\Program Files\e-frontier\Poser'. Just use Windows Explorer to check where you installed it to.

If you are using Poser 7 Pro (and I know you are using Poser 5 atm Taranis ) you will need to make sure that you have a file called Poser.exe in your Poser directory. Daz have had some major problems getting some of the advanced figure features to work anywhere outside of the main Poser directory, so they try to force you to use the Poser install path by looking for this file called Poser.exe. The problem is that with Poser 7 Pro they changed the file name to PoserPro.exe which breaks the Daz installer. Stupid I know.

What you do to get around this is simply create a text file with nothing in it and save it to the Poser 7 Pro installation directory. Then rename it to Poser.exe which lets the Daz installer work properly. Nasty hack but a functional work-around.

Good luck and give me a shout if you are stuck.

UA