View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2008, 11:38 AM   #51
psycoderek

HAPPY Re: Free 3D Programs "To which to learn with"

Oddly you have all mentioned software that I use. I use different software for different applications. Blender to make a model and Bryce to texture it and put it in a scene. Daz studio 2 For human characters or something a little different like fantasy or scifi. I can add the finishing touches to my art in paintshop pro and will try truespace to see what it does. i tried the maya learning editionbut found it way beyond me. I like it simple where I can create a shape and then create anothe shape to go with it and so on until i have a result I like. Of all the software I use only Bryce cost me any cash because I have generous friends or the makers offer it for free. Now when some one designs a 3d package that has power tabs for easy working such as mesh splitting or UV texturing I will carry on regardless. I think that any software you can get for free is worth a try and should be at least given it's due. Oh as for human models with all the attachments, they get in the way unless they add extra shape to the model. male genitlas are pointless unless you are doing adult rated material and i am sure the people here are more inclined to make a model that has that extra special technical look to it rather than an anatomically perfet human figure that plays it's own bedroom golf.