View Single Post
Old February 20th, 2009, 08:55 PM   #1
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Default Free Audio Mixing Programs

Anyone interested in Audio mixing without wanting to pay a buttload of money can thank jjrakman, because he asked about it in Taranis' Free 3D Programs thread, so I thought it would be a good idea to get the ball rolling on this.

Now, I only know of and have used 2 (though I really only understand 1 of them ) but I'm hoping some of you guys who are more knowledgeable about Audio Mixing can help me out here with some links.

Audacity - This is a very light and very easy to use simple sound mixer and changer. It's great for sound mixing noobs (like me) and even comes with some basic sound generators and filters to get you started. I'm not thinking it would be great for music but it works pretty well for sound FX.

Renoise - This is the one I really don't understand, but it's supposed to be one of the top free song mixin' programs out there (according to Maximum PC.) It's pretty heavy but I'd imagine you could do some cool stuff with it.

Anywho, that's all I have and I really hope some other helpful souls around here can add to this thread as they have Taranis' 2D and 3D program threads.
evil_genius_180 is offline   Reply With Quote