View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2009, 09:35 AM   #2
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Default Re: Martok's NO SPOIL STAR TREK review...

And I give your review a 5/5. Thank you for an honest, nonprejudicial review with no spoilers (I'm particularly happy on that note.) I just checked on MSN and it seems that the overall response is very favorable. The lowest score I saw was Roger Ebert, who gave it a sixty-something out of one hundred, but I don't usually agree with him anyway.

As I said, thanks for the great review. I can't wait until it hits DVD 'cause I don't do movie theaters anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112 View Post
I will admit, I wish there could've been just a bit more backstory to the main villain, one Romulan Captain Nero (played well by Eric Bana).
There's a trend these days to release a prequel book before the movie. They did it with Transformers and I just bought the one for Terminator: Salvation from Barnes & Noble a couple days ago. There's a graphic novel prequel to Star Trek out (though I couldn't find it at Barnes & Noble when I went) that's supposed to give us the full skinny on Nero. I'd suggest picking that up, I plan to if it's every in stock. (though I might order it online.)