View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2011, 09:33 PM   #9
catherine3678a
Master Pilot

Default Re: Free Daz Studio 4 and Bryce 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_genius_180 View Post
Well, it's all a moot point anyway. I tried to install the free Daz 4 on my computer running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and it wouldn't install. Then I tried to run the uninstaller and it told me that it wasn't a proper Win32 program. So, I removed what I could using the Windows add/remove software tool and removed the rest old school (seek and destroy.) After a reboot, a second attempt ended with the same result, leading me to believe that the free Daz 4 software just isn't Windows 64-bit compatible (that would have been nice to know ahead of time. )

Bryce 7.1, on the other hand, had no problems installing on Windows 7 64-bit.
That's scary. It's supposed to work on the 64bit W7 although it is a 32bit program. Now I'm very happy that I didn't install it yet (for other reasons).

edit: As they're still working on the D/S4 set, might be a good idea to open a support ticket there and see what happens.
W7 has 2 program folders, one is for 64 bit applications the other is for 32bit. Every now and then there's a program that works better if it's installed in its own folder on the harddrive. But I haven't (yet) heard of anybody having to do that with D/S4.

Last edited by catherine3678a; June 28th, 2011 at 09:42 PM..
catherine3678a is offline   Reply With Quote