View Single Post
Old February 14th, 2009, 08:54 AM   #183
Fretslayer

Default Re: New Member Welcome Thread

Hello there cloudwkr55 and like Taranis said, Welcome aboard.

So, you're a fellow Dazaholic?
Cool.

How long have you been doing the CG thing?
Do you do any modeling? (no, not that kind - CG modeling! :laugh

This site is a great site because we have people here who use just about every CG program you can imagine and they're all friendly and cool enough to answer questions and provide help. It's a good bunch here.

I use Daz Carrara Pro 6 and 7, Hexagon 2, Poser 7 (but not that often), 3dSMax, Lightwave, ZBrush, Deep Exploration (for mesh conversions) and Adobe After Effects.

I am a better animator than I am a modeler but I'm cutting my teeth in Lightwave's Modeler at the moment so I can have a bigger bag of tricks.

Anyway, if you have any questions just fire away and somebody around here will be able to help.

Welcome to the site and all of that good stuff.:thumbup:

Oh I just noticed that you did mention modeling - sorry, I'm a man with a monkey's brain. LOL!

Here's a bit of real advice then... Once you get one of the apps that psycoderek mentioned, head on over to YouTube and see if you can find any tutorials that go with it. I did it with Lightwave and and went from not being able to model anything (no joke!) to building my own BSG Viper.

Last edited by Fretslayer; February 14th, 2009 at 09:18 AM.. Reason: Because I'm a doofis and didn't remember the lego comment.