View Single Post
Old February 27th, 2013, 07:33 AM   #7
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Default Re: Is VFX a failing industry?

Yeah, YouTube will take down anything that any copyright holders complain about to avoid lawsuits.

Seeing it again, I think the thing with Mark Ruffalo, Robert Downey, Jr. and Samuel L. Jackson was a comedy bit they wrote in there. I think that's what I thought to begin with, which is why I didn't know what you were talking about. Whether or not it was funny depends on the person watching, I guess. Of course, I could be wrong and maybe it wasn't a comedy bit, but that's what it looks like to me.

Sam Jackson: "Let's thank them by giving them the damn award." That right there sounds to me like he was trying to be funny. Though, of course, funniness is in the eye of the beholder.

As for starting the music, they started it while he was thanking people, about 15 to 20 seconds before he mentioned the financial trouble. Though, have you ever noticed how not all acceptance speeches get the same amount of time? I've noticed this a lot over the years, both at the Academy Awards and other awards shows. Less known people like VFX people, writers, SFX people, etc. seem to get the music a lot more quickly than big names like actors and directors when giving their speeches. I guess it all comes down to star power, which is sad. For example, that guy didn't seem to be taking any longer than Anne Hathaway did giving her speech, yet he got the music and she didn't. A few years ago, I saw Robin Williams give about a 5 minute acceptance speech at the Golden Globes without getting the music while less known people taking over a minute got it.