View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2013, 08:25 PM   #13
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

Default Re: 27 People Dead, Mostly Children, at Connecticut Elementary School Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_genius_180 View Post
What's really sick are the people who, since the shooting, have been arrested for threatening to do something similar. Granted, people who say things like that aren't usually the ones to actually go and do it, but it's still disturbing.
Copycats - people who want the kind of notoriety our media gives a shooter - and public jitters are why there was a spike in uniformed security all over the country immediately after the shooting. The empty threats (and they happened in every school system, and closed many schools) were made by would-be idiot comedians who should be kicked out of the gene pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_genius_180 View Post
What's even worse is that, since that shooting, people are buying assault rifles like crazy because they're anticipating a ban on sales of those in the near future. Like we need more guns out there.
That's because most people are aware that the coming ban - like the last one - will only address cosmetics and not the power or accuracy (or lack thereof) of the subject weapon. The AR-15 is also a fun gun to shoot. Put those things together, and why not get one while you can? Same with the "extended capacity" magazines.

And the coming "new" restrictions will have exactly the same effect on "gun violence" as the last one did. Which is exactly nothing. Zip, zilch, nada.

Band-aid measures like this allow our leadership to pat themselves on the back and claim they're doing something, when they're really just shoving the real problems under the rug. Again. And these innocent lives lost will not be allowed to be the catalyst for real, meaningful measures to prevent atrocities like this from ever happening again.

That's the real crime.

I am
Dawg

Visit:
LauretteSpang.com

Dirk Benedict Central

Tombs of Kobol

I no longer fight my inner demons. We're on the same side now.
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote