View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2013, 10:09 PM   #14
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Default Re: 27 People Dead, Mostly Children, at Connecticut Elementary School Shooting

You mean The Brady Bill? Yeah, that did nothing. The "ban" was stupid anyway. You could still get the weapons that were banned, provided they were manufactured before the ban, so they weren't really banned, were they? Supposedly, you could only buy 10-round magazines for assault rifles, but they were made in the 20-round casings and could easily be modified to hold 20 rounds. (they sold mod kits online for them) Plus, pre-ban 30 round mags were easy to come by. Also, they sold assault rifles that were supposedly limited to semi automatic and 3-round burst fire modes. For one thing, semi automatic is the most accurate way to shoot, so that wasn't really a limit. Plus, for people who like to spray bullets and maybe hit something, it wasn't that hard to modify one of those weapons to full auto. I didn't know how to do it personally, but I knew some dudes when I was in the Army who knew exactly how to do it. I'm sure any new "ban" will be just as useless because the wimps in Washington are afraid to piss off voters on nearly every issue except the economy.

What we need are real gun laws with actual bans, like some countries have. I don't care about the 2nd amendment. That was written at a time when the US was mostly untamed and the only guns in existence were muskets. A skilled musketeer could fire 3 rounds a minute. That's it. Plus, muskets were notoriously inaccurate and couldn't fire very far. It's an outdated amendment. But, that's just my opinion.

The really sad part is, most people don't even start to complain about gun laws until a tragedy like this happens. Then they start crusading against the government to crack down on things like gun laws. Where were they before the tragedy?