View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2014, 11:59 AM   #50
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Default Re: Miscellaneous Stuff

Continuing on. I built the connector between the sphere and engineering section, which includes the nacelle pylons. This is how I’ve always wanted this part to look for this model, and now it does. The only thing left to do is add some grills in the cut-out sections and probably some windows. Now, this ship is considerably smaller than the conjectured scales I’ve seen for the “canon” Daedalus class, so the connector is only one deck. It’s basically a hallway. I’m likely going to model the entire interior for it, as it won’t take long and will be simple. Though, I’m probably going to have to do that with all of the interior spaces, as I’ll have to get close enough to the model that you’ll be able to tell if they’re just textures on a box. Speaking of textures, my 4K texture map for the nacelles holds up nicely at close range, though I knew it would. But, it’s always nice to see it actually happen.

Unfortunately, my free time (as usual) is split between this and gaming, so I don’t know if I’ll do any more with it today. I’ve been playing Mass Effect again, and I’m determined to actually finish the game this time. I’ve never played that game all the way through. But, I’m farther than I’ve been in the past and I’m having a blast.