View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2009, 11:01 PM   #190
Fretslayer

Default Re: New Member Welcome Thread

@ cloudwkr55 - I'm 99% sure you can rig in Hexagon but I'll go back and make sure of it. I've been doing my character rigging in Carrara Pro 6 and Carrara 7.
At the moment I do 80% of my CG work in Carrara. I think it's a very underrated piece of software. I use Max and Lightwave quite a bit but always come back home to Carrara. If you've not had a chance to check it out I think Daz3D offers a demo.

** I just loaded up my Hexagon and I don't see bones or rigging at the moment.
That doesn't mean it's not there, only that I've not found it. I thought it had the ability.

I can say this though - with Carrara Pro 6 and 7 all you have to do is import your OBJ file, then draw your bones - select the OBJ and then 'add' the bones and BLAM you're done. I am a big fan of Keep It Simple Stupid. LOL!!!

I'll dig deeper into Hexagon and check on the bone thing - I do know there are several chapters/tutorials on creating Poser and D|S clothing and props, which as you know require bones of their own. It make take me a day or two but I'll get back to you on that.

I just found this over at Daz3d.com - It's a plug in for Daz Studio that does character rigging and morph targeting. This may be worth you time if you're doing a lot with D|S or Poser and you don't want to fork out the cash for Carrara.

http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/-/f...tem=8113&_m=d&

@ Rook3 - Hello there and welcome aboard. FXLabs? I've used that program too. It's a great piece of software because the results are pretty nice and it has a very intuitive interface. I think it does fantastic laser and lightsabre effects and for anybody working on a tight budget or doesn't have the time to learn the ins and outs of After Effects, it's an awesome program. Obviously I can't say enough good about it. LOL! Nice to see I'm not the only one using it. But... I have been teaching myself After Effects because it's a 1000x more badass.

Last edited by Fretslayer; February 16th, 2009 at 11:10 PM..