View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2009, 09:45 PM   #9
kageryu

Default Re: Colonial Space Marines - or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fretslayer View Post
One big question on the shatter (by the way, I like the 2nd layer of triangles it adds a lot to the glass shatter) - how in the heck do you get it to wait until frame X to shatter?

I can't seem to figure that out.
It's one of the reasons I don't use it as often as I should.
Ah, I was having trouble with this too at first (I kept adjusting the forces, strengths, etc, and none of that worked). I had to watch that "dead planet" tutorial a few times before I actually caught what I missed -
In the shatter effect, animate the Radius of the effect, set keyframes with 0 radius up until the frame you want it to start. Then ramp the radius up to what you need.

I am also thinking of generating some "Random Debris Clouds" for my matted stock footage effects library, and mixing a layer of them in some of these explosions. It's pretty easy to model extruded aircraft style frameworks and panneling in Lightwave, and hoses, egine bits, etc... (I am already amassing a library of Sky Backgrounds, Overlays, HUD effects, and I am starting work on a variety of digitally generated explosion sequences). This is all groundwork for so many projects I have planned.

Quote:
Oh, and really - check out the Particle Illusion stuff. I'm sure you'll find some uses for it.
In fact, on the computer screens I'm doing for that Trek conversion... Some of the them are made with PI. They also have fantastic Trek 'beaming' effects.
Given my finances were just exhausted on LW 9.6 and a whole lot of Daz3D content for this project I am hoping to get backed, It will be some time before I can hope to pick up any plugins or additional programs.

Last edited by kageryu; August 22nd, 2009 at 09:51 PM..