View Single Post
Old October 26th, 2008, 08:52 PM   #17
Fretslayer

Default Re: Starship Exeter: Exeter Rising" Fan Story mini-series

Ok, that's cool. I need info like that because other wise I would have made you a 20-30 second clip like you'd see in a film. At the moment I have a few different animated short films in production and so my natural instinct is to create another.

But I see where you'er going with the book.
I think I can still come up with something that will work by improving the over all look of the images and still be in a form that is easy for the viewer to access.

I do all of my work on a machine that I assembled.
My system specs are in the thread where I posted my test footage.
It might not be a billion Ghz but I get a lot of horsepower out of it.

At the moment I'm rendering a scene for a friend - this scene has been rendering for 10h 47m and still have 4h 17m to go - it's 240 frames (10 sec @ 24fps) rendering at 720x480. The reason it's taking this long is that it is an explosion scene. I have mesh (high poly) being blasted to bits and motion blur on each bit. Add to that the lights and AVI file imported onto a plane and it can take some time to craft a scene like this. Oh, I use real video footage of explosions for my ...well, explosions. LOL!

Once it's finished I'll start on some of your scenes.

When you do get to the point where you make the leap to full on animated short film, let me know and I will do my best to help you any way I can.