View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2004, 03:13 PM   #39
General Phoenix
3DG Administrator Emeritus

Once again, our projects will be small, at least at first. Nothing gets a group motivated like a sense of accomplishment, so if we set attainable goals, and keep acheiving them, we'll become more and more motivated to take a crack at larger and more ambitious projects. The problem with the Romulan project we began was that we were trying to do too much all at once - it was like dumping a 5,000-piece jigsaw puzzle out on the table and saying "Let's get started!" We need to take things one step at a time.

Kakaze, I don't intend to delete any members - after all, once we start producing some real content here, old members should start coming back, and I don't want to make them re-register.

And I like the idea of a site design contest, once the forums get trimmed down - it could be a good way to get the creative juices flowing.

And Kai, the reason a lot of people aren't posting is because we don't really have anything for them to be a part of. All we have right now are threads where the replies consist mostly of "Yes, that's a nice ship." or "My favorite movie is..." When we start our new project, we will actually have something for people to participate in, not just something for them to observe.
General Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote