View Single Post
Old April 15th, 2011, 08:52 PM   #33
tgep

Default Re: Space: Above and Beyond - What is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_genius_180 View Post
I don't know if a bunch of jarheads would make a good cast or not. However, a Marine Corps. Drill Sergeant might be in order. After you sign some actors, hand them over to the Drill Sgt. for a boot camp-ish training schedule, let them get a feel for what it's really like to be in service. If anybody complains, send them packing and sign somebody else. Also, you'd have to have at least one former jarhead attached to the writers, not necessarily as writer but as a technical expert who could make sure they got the military stuff right. You have to worry about details like that if you really want a show or movie to work.

I was in the US Army and I hate it when they get military stuff wrong in shows and movies. I watched 3 or 4 episodes of The Unit before I realized their writers sucked and that clearly nobody who had been in the Army was involved in that show. After that, I stopped watching.

Though, I don't remember S:aAB and I don't remember how good the military aspects were. (besides, that was long before I joined the Army)
That's not a bad idea either, except the Marine Corp doesn't have Drill Sargents. We have Drill Instructors.