View Single Post
Old August 25th, 2020, 04:24 AM   #1
gmd3d
Admin

3 D CGI Starhawk's Space Rider

Starhawk and The Space Rider, now little known by many in fact I think completely unknown, one of those comic characters that never really gained a following, but I remember it. its one of those designs I always wanted to do but never had the time, now I do. back story
Sol Rynn, alias Starhawk, was a roving lawman who brought justice to the scattered worlds of the slowly disintegrating Terran Empire in the 26th century AD, along with his trusty robot sidekick, Droid. They rode in a ship called the Space Rider and answered SOS calls sent out using special SOS cards of Rynn's own design.

Starhawk originated in The Crunch one of UK comic short-lived older comics before transferring to Hotspur, and later appeared in Starblazer, Victor, Spike and (as 'Young Starhawk') Buddy, as well as three Hotspur annuals from DC Thomson

I read the Space Rider was design by Ian Kennedy who did many of DC Thomson titles.

As with all my designs now, I tweak the design, setting scale and having a little modelling fun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SR1.jpg (31.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg SR2.jpg (30.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg SR3.jpg (30.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg SR4.jpg (26.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg SR5.jpg (36.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg SR6.jpg (28.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 186-starblazer-dc-thomson-cover-starhawk-december-19862.jpg (55.7 KB, 3 views)

Handy Links
To find the program or knowledge to help your project use the links below!

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Paid: Professional Programs
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote