View Single Post
Old January 7th, 2004, 02:21 PM   #11
ricktu

Well guys my first piece of advice would be this. Stop all work on the site NOW. First off you should talk about what you really want for the site. Put together a list of goals. From that you can then decide what path you should take and that will heavily influence the look AND the functionality of the site. Any work done now on the design/coding etc could well be wasted until a properr plan is in place.

If this ressurection is going to work give it it's best chance by doing it properly. In short I'd recommend stages like this.

1. Put together a specification, raison d'etre for the site.
2. Start recruiting the people you will need to make a go of it (more on this later)
3. Now start thinking about a design/look for the new site. I'd seriously rethink the logo as well. Hell to be honest go the whole hog and think about the name as well. "3dgladiators" is a little on the cheesy side if you ask me. The name conjures up an image of a group of kids with plastic swords if you ask me :P
4. Begin gathering content.
5. Begin setting up the environment in the forums that will best attract the type of user you want.
6. When you have enough experienced users think about contests. Doing it before then just results in moist entries being amateurish and will do more harm than good in the long run.
7. This is the point where you take stock. Evaluate whether the set goals have been reached and plan the next phase.

Richard.

Last edited by ricktu; January 7th, 2004 at 02:31 PM..