View Single Post
Old October 31st, 2012, 09:26 AM   #7
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Default Re: Disney to buy Lucas Films

I like your thinking, Darrell. I'd also like to see a new set of main characters, possibly some from the books and whatnot, (or even original characters) as the main focus and maybe have Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, etc. show up in small bits as the older generation. (if at all) I feel that would work better than trying to get newer, younger actors to play those characters. While I certainly like Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan, I don't feel that they'll be able to get lucky enough to get 3 brand new actors who are going to do as good a job as he did.

They could even have the movie set farther in the future, maybe even 100 years, to where the New Republic and New Jedi Order are strong and the remnants of the Empire have massed again and are threatening the galaxy once more. I personally think that would be cool and would solve the character dilemma. The problem with going back in time to the Old Republic time is that these are 7, 8 and 9. It makes little sense to have the series go in an order where those movies take place before 1 through 6, IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell Lawrence View Post
No reboot. Enough of that in Hollywood.
I agree 1,000%.