View Single Post
Old January 3rd, 2013, 12:28 AM   #15
Auditor
Fighter Pilot

Default Re: 27 People Dead, Mostly Children, at Connecticut Elementary School Shooting

I live in the us. I don't own a gun. Not that I wouldn't. Closest I have is a airsoft gun.

This event like all the other school shootings and massacres are horrible. The loss of life is intolerable. The ages just are heartbreaking. I don't know if the kind of gun control laws would pass here like the ones that happened after the 1987 Hungerford massacre. The "gun culture" of the USA that of the UK never had wouldn't allow for it. Not with the power of the NRA, the gun lobby and the gun owners/voters. There are no easy solutions.

I skip this argument at home with my girlfriend. She thinks all guns should be banned. I do wish we could live in that world. It's not the one we live in.

I like my video games and my airsoft gun. I don't need a real gun. Maybe someday an incident will come when I wish I had a gun. But then there is the question of taking a life. Or maybe someone takes my life with my gun or there own life. Gun safety was an inportant issue in the Sandy Brook Massacre. More importantally the issue people have made this into it seem is Do civillians have a need for semiautomatic rifles.

I don't know. I haven't given the whole thing alot of thought. Most of my thoughts were about the event it's self and the children. The familys. Just makes you sick.