View Single Post
Old April 15th, 2011, 06:36 AM   #125
tnpir4001
Master Pilot

Default Re: Star Trek: Retribution

@evil_genius: Thought you might find this interesting, I reposted your reply from here over at SFM, and this is the reply:

Quote:
I agree with that post, with 1 exception: the ensign is ALONE on the bridge. No one who can and should give her orders. So either redo that part and add somebody with a higher rank on the bridge who can raise the shields, or let her show some balls and judgement and let her do it. Knowingly endangering the ship is the higher crime here.

*thinks a bit* There is a way in between: While the captain is comming towards the bridge, let the ensign contact the captain over the comm badge:
[helmsman]"Sir, i am detecting weaponsfire in orbit and on the ground, the Romulans are shooting at each other."
[captain]"Raise shields, and move us away slowly."
This post is based on two very flawed assumptions:
1. The officer who contacted Prentice is an ensign. The helmsman, in fact.
2. The ensign junior grade helmsman is alone on the bridge.

1. In fact, she's the second officer/tactical chief, Commander Hargrove.
2. Commander Hargrove is NOT alone on the bridge. What sense does that even make, deep in enemy territory and surrounded by hostile warships?

Now, Commander Hargrove does move them back to a safe distance (but no shields) once signs of trouble appear on the surface, but that's not nearly the same as the ensign at the helm taking those same actions.
tnpir4001 is offline   Reply With Quote