View Single Post
Old July 22nd, 2011, 07:41 PM   #242
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Default Re: Star Trek: Retribution

Yeah, no fat in the scene at all, IMO. It was all meaty goodness to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnpir4001 View Post
Spoiler
Yes and no...remember how a key plot point of Specter was that Garr made a female android, which he then programmed with a scan of his own mind. In the first film, the reason was for this android to take the place of the real Kristie in his life, only this time she'd have an instinctive grasp of how he thought and therefore could anticipate his needs perfectly.

It's all going to come out that when he was catapulted decades into the past, he was so enraged after what happened--looking into the mirror and seeing what he felt was a worse monster than ever after the Borg nanoprobes finished their work--that there was no way he could continue to look at the image he'd created of what started it all. And so, he ejected her out an airlock, where the vacuum of space preserved her perfectly, until Section 31 discovered her years later.

By the time she was brought to the Fitzgerald for this foray into Romulan space, Section 31 had found a way to extract the scan that Garr did--which we'll find out happened only hours before the Fitzgerald arrived at Beta Reticuli IV, seems even after Garr changed his plan to one of time travel, he intended to take her back with him after all--and transfer it into a holomatrix. That holomatrix--along with a now fully-completed android, in stasis--are down in the cargo bay. The holographic "good Garr" has been giving Reyf information all along, trying to help him predict what Drakus might do at any given time, which is how Reyf made some of the leaps of logic that he did, which in turn led to things like the adjustment of the plasma grid.
Spoiler
Kristy was the other thing I thought may have been down there, though I was starting to suspect that it might be Garr isntead. I guess it's both. Very interesting. You certainly know how to write interesting plot twists.

Last edited by evil_genius_180; July 22nd, 2011 at 07:47 PM..
evil_genius_180 is offline   Reply With Quote