View Single Post
Old August 8th, 2011, 04:57 PM   #274
tnpir4001
Master Pilot

Default Re: Star Trek: Retribution

Next piece is up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZMcZn_XBDU

This one's really short but has some important details nevertheless.

By the way, guys, I'm more or less giving up on the sister thread at Scifi-Meshes.com--it seems like some folks over there just don't know when to quit, so I'm transferring the title of "Official Project Thread" from that one to this one. We may have fewer people following this thread, but I'm not constantly reading poor attempts at humor and poorer metaphors (one user continuously referred to Prentice as "the joker," which I didn't like because of the obvious negative connotation, even once it was explained that what was meant was "the ace up the sleeve"--another, meanwhile, was constantly throwing out their own "interpretations" of things, even once I'd given my official one, and admitted at one point they were nitpicking about things knowing full well there was nothing I could do).

What kind of brought me to my breaking point was when I mentioned building "the TNG cargo bay set" (in those exact words), but another user went off on a tangent about building the "shuttlebay 1" (main shuttlebay) as briefly seen in "Cause and Effect." No connection to the topic at hand whatsoever. Then the guy who brought us "the joker" (a reference which I originally missed and who I politely asked to avoid using such metaphors in the future), did it again when discussing the reactions of the engineering crew to Garr's unexpected appearance. (And lest I forget, this same user also proposed that Holo Garr should be smiling and making jokes, what I termed a "silly idea" and not the first from this user--Holo Garr makes one snide remark at Prentice's expense, but what we got is far from jocularity.)

Honest feedback and criticism of my hard work, I can handle. Pains in the you-know-what I can live without.

Last edited by tnpir4001; August 9th, 2011 at 04:15 AM..
tnpir4001 is offline   Reply With Quote