View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2011, 01:34 PM   #6
gmd3d
Admin

Default Re: Wonder Woman has been cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_genius_180 View Post
I saw a concept sketch a while back (though, I'm not sure if it was for the movie or for the comics.) They've made the outfit a little more 21st century and politically correct. I think it's pretty cool. I'll see if I can find the sketch, though I don't know if I'll be able to or not, it was on Yahoo.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...iotic-costume/
Wonder Woman is like Superman. they have transcended there target audience, the young readers in the USA. I have
been reading Superman since I was a kid. (haven't we all)

Like when I as a young reader never thought that ol Superman red and blue of the US .. just colours of his own Krypton heritage.
but you know his home is Metropolis in the US where the values he represent was forged by the KENTS. Good people

For Wonder Women it a little different
Quote:
Wonder Woman’s original red, white and blue costume, which practically screams America through its stars and stripes covered bodice and belly, was a product of World War II-inspired patriotism, explains Charlie Jane Anders, Managing Editor of io9, Gawker Media’s blog about comics and science fiction
this is and was understandable, but in the last 60 odd years
they have, as I said transcended that. Both are guardians of the world and not just America. it may be their favourite bit though . but the reader around the world now look at these heroes in a different light.

I don´t think its a bad thing.. both character where not born there but like most they are immigrants. that´s what made America, just like many others its their chosen home.

and you don´t need to carry a flag to be a patriot. I am Irish and I don´t where a flag (unless it St Patrick's day )

just my thoughts on the subject.

I like the look of the new suit . but I will mis the legs

Handy Links
To find the program or knowledge to help your project use the links below!

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Paid: Professional Programs
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote