Thread: Art Theft
View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2006, 10:51 PM   #26
Acadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealtm2
Ebay has become scam central. I used to be a seller on ebay mostly rare coins along with a few other gentlemen. I and a few of my friends dealing in coins have had our auctions copied and used a few times by scum suckers like the one who has stolen your art. This type of thing has become common place on Ebay and Ebay is very slow to do anything about such volations or will not do anything at all. Between the conterfit items and the constant email and phishing scams that place has gone to the dogs. All Ebay cares about is collecting their fees. I wish you the best of luck getting any response from Ebay.
I've tried searching for stuff on eBay and have never had any success, so I've never bought anything from there.

However, even if I could manage to find something I wanted to buy, I'd rather go to a store and pay retail price and take it home the same day and have some kind of recourse if the item is defective or broken. Besides, I'm not really gung ho about handing over my money to a stranger and taking them on faith that they will send me the item I have paid for.

I've seen too many documentaries about scams, and many of them involve telphones or online.

eBay is still very successful, but it's also a medium that is easy to get involved with and either scam or get scammed. Call me untrusting, but ...