Thread: Art Theft
View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2006, 06:17 PM   #31
Acadia

Shipping to Canada isn't bad. Shipping to Canada via UPS is bad!!!!! Many people think that UPS is the cheapest route to send by, but they don't know about the hidden border processing brokerage fee that UPS dings the recipient with.

It's actually cheaper to send things to Canada by FedEx because FedEx fees are all inclusive and there are no hidden charges to the recipient, unless it's "Duty Fees". But they work their paperwork into the actual fee that is charged.

For example, I ordered that Poser 5 Demystified course from 3-Axis, and they sent it by UPS. It took 2 months for me to receive it. The S&H that 3-Axis charged me was $9.99. When UPS delivered the parcel, they wanted $50.00 for brokerage fees (for processing the border papers). The course itself was only $59 or $69 USD.

Had 3-Axis sent me that parcel via FedEx, I would have had it next day and the whole S&H and border processing would have cost me $21.00.

I really wanted the course so I paid UPS their stupid fee. The total cost of the course for me after exchange, S&H and UPS brokerage fee was $160.00