Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > CREATIVE BRAINS > Beyond Reality
Notices
Beyond Reality No matter what the subject - be it Sci-Fi - Fantasy or Real Life / 3D - 2D or web design - this is the place to post your finished artwork for review by the forum members!
To post art for Battlestar Galactica, go to our sister site- Colonial Fleets

Old September 5th, 2003, 02:51 PM   #1
Thomas P
TOS Gladiator Manager

LOOK 2 New Conqueror Pics

Hey guys (safe as I know we have no 'gals').

Here are two more pics with the new Conqueror mesh. Please forgive the image sizes as I did not compress the images very much. They are each 1024x768.

Squadron shot with a carrier and two Kretchet class cruisers.
Image 1

Just a head on perspective shot.
Image 2

"That which does not kill me simply postpones the inevitable"

My Site

My Blog
Thomas P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2003, 07:25 PM   #2
Masao

Very nice, Thomas.

Quick question. Are you using the Pro version of Amarillo? The pro version has several alternate characters and punctuation marks that are closer to the characters used in TOS. In particular, the right end of the horizontal line of the 7 is square rather than being angled 45 degrees.
Old September 6th, 2003, 08:50 AM   #3
Thomas P
TOS Gladiator Manager

Thanks.

Uh, no - I never purchased the Pro version. Now that I use it more I likely will as the 'lite' version has missing characters that I end up having to make.
Old September 6th, 2003, 09:21 PM   #4
Masao

I decided to send in my $25 and get the pro version. I think the font is definitely worth it, considering the use I've gotten out of it.
Old September 8th, 2003, 06:04 AM   #5
skyhawk223
Flight Instructor

Nice job, although something about the lighting on the second image bothers me. Sorry for being so vague. Perhaps it is the angle at which the light is hitting the ship vs the planet. Not sure. I stared at it for 5 minutes trying to figure it out.
Besides that, I like the compositing in both.
skyhawk223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2003, 06:17 PM   #6
Masao

I don't know, skyhawk, the lighting looks ok to me. If you look at the front of the ship, which is a hemisphere, the terminator (the dividing line between night and day) is identical to that on the planets in the background. That makes sense as the light source is, for our purposes, infinitely far away and all light rays should be considered parallel. Some people treat their stars like high-intensity desk lamps, casting shadows at different angles. But, Thomas's pic looks fine to me.
Old September 9th, 2003, 04:18 PM   #7
Thomas P
TOS Gladiator Manager

Yeah, pic two was tricky on the light. Masao is right about the angle being correct as I did align the light to a masked sphere (dummy object) that replicated the 'planets' in the background.

However, I played with it for a long time as the missile tube shadow falls oddly. This gives it an odd look.
Old September 10th, 2003, 05:42 AM   #8
skyhawk223
Flight Instructor

That's probably what it is. It could also be me. Perhaps if I wasn't holding the phone between my ear and shoulder at the time it would look correct
skyhawk223 is offline   Reply With Quote